[CBQ] Re: The DZ, and Train 2

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: The DZ, and Train 2
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:02:59 -0000
I guess y'all snuck the coach onto the end of the DZ in Burlington
while I was not looking <g>.  Usually, when I was riding it, the
train was so long that you had to do this while the rear of the train
was over by that wooden platform down the tracks while we were making
the first of our two stops at Burlington Station.

sjl

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "GLEN HAUG" <glenehaug@m...> wrote:
> Stephen J. Levine wrote:
>
> "Actually, I personally did not object to the remnant of train 2
and its westbound
> counterpart, that consisted of one coach coupled behind the obs of
> the DZ between Omaha and Chicago (I know the conventional wisdom
is
> Burlington to Chicago, but, I swear that car was on the train west
of
> Burlington)."
>
> During the summer of 1966, when working at Burlington, Ia., I saw
the Denver Zephyrs in both directions practically every week day for
about 5 or 6 weeks, and a flat-top coach was uncoupled from the rear
of the Dome Obs on #1 and attached to #10 eastbound the next
morning.  On most days it was the Silver Leaf.