[CBQ] Re: Digest Number 1972

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Digest Number 1972
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:50:24 -0000
Even with I-76 (then I-80S) and I-80, the DZ was very attractive to
passengers.  When you get to trips over 12 hours, you got to stop and
sleep.  On the DZ, I could do that and still be moving.

I really do not like to drive.  Now my wife does so I can ride when
we take our trips to Nashville from OKC; these usually take 12 hours.

Now back to Tulsa.  If one could get a travel time down to 2 hours, I
believe the train could compete with the car.  The Turner turnpike is
not as safe as the train, and traffic congestion makes the drive
exhausting.  In fact, Wednesday, I have to go to Tulsa for a meeting
and I will be riding with someone rather than driving myself.

sjl