[CBQ] Re: A Plethora of Pullmans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: A Plethora of Pullmans
From: "wrjensen" <wrjensen@ev1.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:55:32 -0000
His site is down but I do have a copy of his excel speard sheet.  It
is a great resoure.

Will Jense

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, railbass@c... wrote:
> For more detailed information on Pullman cars, you might want to
visit Tom Madden's website, www.pullmanproject.com, which has some
photographs and an immense amount of data on Pullman cars.  He is one
of the sources from whom Branchline has acquired data for their new
Pullman cars.
> - John Manion
> > The FW&D and C&S Pullman are something that interests me.  There
is
> > not a lot of information out there about them  Which I have found
so
> > far.  Hoping some day to do an article on them.
> >
> > But here are a few Photos to look at  In Hol Wagner "Colorado
Road"
> > on page 337 there are a photos the Spanish Crest (12-1) and the
> > Lariat Crest.(10-1-1).   The Spanish Crest  his "Burlington"
Label on
> > it and the Lariat Crest has the "Pullman" Label both are in the
> > Lettering to match the Budd cars. (Zephyr Font)  I am looking for
> > photos for all the cars the figure out how each were lettered.
> >     Also in Steve Goen's "Fort Worth and Denver Color Pictorial"
on
> > page 20 there is a photo of the end of the Texas Zephyr with 3 of
the
> > Pullman cars on it.  I not sure which cars the are but by the
windows
> > it looks to be a 12-1, 8-5, and maybe a 10-1-1.  The last Car is
a 10-
> > 1-1 says Pullman, and I can not read the other 2.
> > Most of the FW&D and C&S Pullman cars were "modernized and
repainted
> > to silver"  but what I have found the Lariat Range, Spanish
Range,
> > Castle Crest, Lariat Range, Spanish Crest  and maybe the Castle
Range
> > were Updated for the Texas Zephyr  in 1940.  and used on the TZ
until
> > 1957 when the DZ train set were bought.  Not sure where the car
ran
> > form 1957 to 1965.  The other cars look to be updated in the
early
> > 50's  not sure about paint at this time.  Three of the cars that
> > know the least about are the 12-1 Maximiliam,  Anaconda, and the
> > Wadena.  I have not found photos of them on a FW&D or C&S train,
but
> > photos of old sleeper cars seem to be rare.  Everyone was taking
> > photos of the E9 and Budd cars.  I guess the cares were just as
part
> > of the Pullman Pool out of Denver or even Fort Worth/Dallas.  It
just
> > something more for me to look up
> >
> > Not sure how branchline will do the cars but I am waiting to see
> > them.
> >
> > >4) Given my mainly pre-1948 focus, should I even bother
> > >getting "Burlington
> > >cars," or should I instead go for the UnDecs or plain Pullman
> > >lettering,
> > >and then complete the lettering/naming myself? Are appropriate
decals
> > >available?
> >
> > 5 cars were painted silver  in 1940 but were seem to say on the
TZ

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511