[CBQ] Re: A Plethora of Pullmans

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: A Plethora of Pullmans
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:55:50 -0800
Thanks for all the interesting discussion on this and related topica over
the past few days. Thanks especially to Rich for his very thorough and
knowledgeable reply to my original question and to Bill and Will for
sharing their insights on the FW&D cars/models.

The landscape sure has changed in the two-and-a-half years since I joined
this list. My first posting, in fact, was a plea for help in finding Q
heavyweight passenger equipment in HO, and at that point there was nothing
but those very elusive Aurora Shops brass models and a few dubious
stand-ins. Now we have all this stuff coming from Branchline and Walthers;
NKP has released a half-dozen good prototype models; and there's a whole
bunch of high-quality brass passenger equipment in the pipeline. And of
course the Silver Scene looks brighter than ever. It's really becoming
feasible to do a credible representation of a whole array of Burlington
passenger trains from the late 1920s onward.