Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 1958

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 1958
From: Joe Melhorn <toyman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:36:12 -0800
Hi all,

         I recently purchased the set of Budd cars that Walthers is
offering. There are 11 cars in the set. Unfortunately, they come lettered
with only the Burlington name on them, no reporting marks, car numbers or
car names. There is a set of decals included in each car, but I don't know
what cars were named and numbered or what, so that I might apply the
correct names and numbers! Is there a book available, that lists Burlington
passenger cars? I only have a couple of books for the Burlington, but
nothing covering passenger cars, rolling stock, etc. I don't even know
whether the cars are accurate. I've run into accuracy issues with the
Southern Pacific as far as accuracy goes, trying to represent a Daylight
consist. I know there's brass cars that are accurate in detail and car
type, but that's beyond my means.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Joe Melhorn
Orangevale, CA  95662(near Sacramento)