Re: [CBQ] Fuel Dye

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fuel Dye
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 06:16:48 -0600
Cy,

At LaJunta fueling is done by an outside vendor. They
only have access from the South side but most of the
trains that are fueled are on MT#1. This means that
MT#2 has to be blocked while they are fueling. Unless
it is a DP train that has to be fueled on both ends
the crews just spot the head end and tie up. The
drivers have been taught long ago how to tone up the
Dispatcher and ask for protection. Even though I knew
about how it was done the concept never bothered me.
After all, their safety is just as important as any
RR Employee's protection.

Russ