Re: [CBQ] Re: Misc historic CB&Q facts

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Misc historic CB&Q facts
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:14:47 -0600
Steve,

Yes, if the rail conditions are not perfect it does
require helpers. Don't know about the crew situation.
Do not think Ottumwa is even a crew change point.

I do know there are many more dog catches called on
the St Joseph line than the rest of the Division
put together.

But on the other hand it is only two crews Alliance
to Lincoln and even losing a unit is not usually a
problem. Actually one of the more common crew complaints
is being on a coal load or empty and getting stuck behind
a "H", "V", or "P" train.

Russ