Re: [CBQ] Re: Misc historic CB&Q facts

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Misc historic CB&Q facts
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:47:32 -0600
Bill,

Would be quite obvious that GTM's would be way up from
1925 but actual train miles would probably be lower today.

In that era there were many lines where all trains operated
would be very small by today's standards. The social and
economic climates were different.

Right now takes two locomotives to move a 19,000 ton coal
train from Alliance to Galesburg. In 1925 terms that tonnage
would have required many more trains and locomotive changes
at various points.

Yes, the technology has really expanded.

Russ