Re: [CBQ] Re: Galesburg photo question - Carbon black covered hoppers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Galesburg photo question - Carbon black covered hoppers
From: William Ewinger <b_ewinger@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:34:12 -0800 (PST)
HI ALL

don't for sure what i am to give as details but i do know that 3200 main street
is across from the hy vee food store.moore line startsdown on the river front
were it comes off the k-lin in the yards.by why of trackage it is about two
miles from the yards because of all the twist turns it has to reach the top of
the hiil which were the plant is locate at.i know the quincy -des moines train
that the bn runs for norfolk southern has the cars in the train going to des
moines.
i hope this helps
bill ewinger

David Jordan <dpj1974@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> You can find carbon black covered hoppers in Keokuk almost every day.
There's a rubber molding plant there. Take your broom with a 15' handle and
a dust mask.

> Bill Ewinger is on the list.  If he sees this he might have details. Email
if he doesn't respond by Tuesday.

That would be BTR Sealing Systems on the Mooarline. It is located at 3200
Main St. I was there in June 2000 and I believe some carbon black cars were
spotted on the south side of the plant and is accessible. It gets tank cars
of lube oil as well. The plant may have been bought out by another firm
recently as it is not listed in Yahoo! yellow pages.

Check out the following aerial pic of the plant:

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=10&x=3176&y=22375&z=15&w=2

DPJ

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511