Re: [CBQ] Re: Galesburg photo question - Carbon black covered hoppers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Galesburg photo question - Carbon black covered hoppers
From: "David Jordan" <dpj1974@insightbb.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:44:51 -0600
> Hi Brian,
>
> You can find carbon black covered hoppers in Keokuk almost every day.
There's a rubber molding plant there. Take your broom with a 15' handle and
a dust mask.

> Bill Ewinger is on the list.  If he sees this he might have details. Email
if he doesn't respond by Tuesday.

That would be BTR Sealing Systems on the Mooarline. It is located at 3200
Main St. I was there in June 2000 and I believe some carbon black cars were
spotted on the south side of the plant and is accessible. It gets tank cars
of lube oil as well. The plant may have been bought out by another firm
recently as it is not listed in Yahoo! yellow pages.

Check out the following aerial pic of the plant:

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=10&x=3176&y=22375&z=15&w=2

DPJ

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: