Re: [CBQ] Beardstown Ill CB&Q...5wpm Oprs...

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Beardstown Ill CB&Q...5wpm Oprs...
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:00:10 -0800
Paul,
I relieved the agent at Sorento in the summer of 1952 and remember the NKP
tower well.  If I recall correctly, you used bamboo fishpole hoops stuck into a
holder to hand up train orders.  The only other thing I remember about Sorento
was the bowling alley where I got acquainted with the owner and a blind guy
that hung out there.

Bob