[CBQ] Re: [BRHSlist] Standard Lines West depot drawing?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: [BRHSlist] Standard Lines West depot drawing?
From: "Mark Bristow" <mark@bristow251.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:32:02 -0000
Dear List,

Some time ago there was a file in the Files section called
saltbox.gif, which contained drawings of a typical CB&Q Lines
West "Saltbox" style depot building. I am considering scratch
building one in N scale, but don't have any dimensions with which to
make a start. But I seem to remember that the description of this
file suggested the basic length and width were 20' x 40'. Can anyone
help with/remember the details? My modest CB&Q book collection
doesn't give any specifics.

Kind regards,

Mark Bristow,
UK

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@h...> wrote:
> I believe Ralston had a "Salt-box" as well, with an addition on
one end.  I
> found a couple of new books in a local hobby shop yesterday,
Railroads of
> Nebraska and Railroads of Omaha (both paperbound).  The Railroads
of Omaha
> had a picture of the Ralston depot and now that I looked at teh
salt-box
> image in the files area, it looks the same.  I have some later
pictures
> after it was painted white and the bay window had changed.
>
> Rick Keil
> Omaha, NE

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: