[CBQ] Re:BLI USRA 2-8-2

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re:BLI USRA 2-8-2
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:29:59 -0800
John --

What is your source on the 1921 date for the FW&D 2-8-2s' conversion to
oil? (I'm guessing it's Wagner, which I don't own.) I'm not disputing the
early date, just curious, since I've seen a lot of photos of smaller FW&D
engines through the 1920s with what look like coal tenders to me.

Thanks,
Jonathan

>FW&D had five USRA 2-8-2s, 451-455, converted to burn oil in 1921, most of
>which
>operated through the late 1950s. It appears from Hol Wagner's Colorado Road and
>Steve Goen's FW&D Color Pictorial that they worked in local freight service
>throughout Texas, and there is nothing to indicate any were in passenger or
>excursion service.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: