[BRHSlist] Re: Seminary St. tower question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Seminary St. tower question
From: "Brian Chapman" <cornbeltroute@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:49:32 -0000
> Union Ave, Aurora, Seminary street and a couple on lines west were
all the same design. Not a whole lot of frills.  Just a brick block.
The neatest part was the open stairways made of steel shapes. <

Steven, hi,

So, are you relatively sure, pretty sure, or absolutely sure that
these towers did not include any angled brickwork?   ;-)

I have a drop-dead gorgeous set of Seminary St. tower etchings. I
would have to cut these, and etch another few pieces, to include the
angles. I would prefer that the tower had no angles that I'll have to
include.

Thanks much for your help,

Brian Chapman
Granger Roads
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

>> Several photos of Seminary Street tower/Galesburg, taken in bright
sunlight, seem to show that the second story brickwork, on either
side of the windows and door, was angled from the outside in. In
appearance, sort of like a door that is cracked open a few
inches. . . . could (not) determine if the tower in fact had this
design detail or if sun and shadows created a photo "artifact." <<

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511