[BRHSlist] Seminary St. tower question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Seminary St. tower question
From: "Brian Chapman" <cornbeltroute@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:06:30 -0000
Hello,

Several photos of Seminary Street tower/Galesburg, taken in bright
sunlight, seem to show that the second story brickwork, on either
side of the windows and door, was angled from the outside in. In
appearance, sort of like a door that is cracked open a few inches.

Neighbor Darren Ferreter and I were inspecting these photos the other
day, and neither one of us could determine if the tower in fact had
this design detail or if sun and shadows created a photo "artifact."

I've looked for Seminary St. tower photos online so that I could
provide a link but did not find any. I'm hoping someone here has
personal knowledge of the tower's design.

Thanks much,

Brian Chapman
Granger Roads
Cedar Rapids, Iowa