[BRHSlist] Builder questions not quite answered.......

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Builder questions not quite answered.......
From: supchief17@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:07:46 EST
First, I would like to thank all that answered about my Builder question.
I may have addressed the question wrong.
The question still is.........

GN ordered short domes from Budd. In the end.....somewhere around the end of
1955, the Builder ended up with 3 dome coaches in each consist to produce the
the classic "vista dome" train as we all know it.
During the time that it took Budd to build those dome cars for GN, did either
Budd or GN wait till all the short domes where built, and then delivered
before putting them into the Builder, or where they delivered one at a time,
and
put into the Builder as they were received?

We have never seen a picture of the EB with just 1 dome.....
Did they wait for the big day, and said...."Here it is!"
The "Vista-dome" Empire Builder?

Mike

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511