[BRHSlist] March, "Burlington Route"

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] March, "Burlington Route"
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:32:43 -0800
I've just uploaded a MIDI file of John C. Minton's 1887 "Burlington Route
March." It's in our FILES section in the "Burlington Music" folder Jan Kohl
created earlier this year.

John Bender of the Illinois RR Museum was kind enough to email me a JPEG of
the score last spring, which I transcribed over the summer.  I didn't
realize until yesterday, though, that my music notation program also could
create a MIDI file directly from the (transcribed) score. So here it is!
Check it out.

I'm sending a copy of the transcribed score to Dave at the BRHS archives.
If any of they rest of you tickle the ivories and would like a hard copy of
your own, please contact me off list. I'll be happy to mail my
transcription for the cost of photocopying, a big envelope, and postage
(probably about a buck, total).

I know there are at least three of us who use musical screen names. And
last spring -- or whenever it was we were discussing Burlington bands and
music -- I was surprised to learn that quite a few list members  play band
instruments. Some folks were even talking -- probably with tongue firmly
planted in cheek -- about re-creating a Burlington band and performing at
one of the meets. Well, here's your chance. Anybody out there adept at
creating band arrangements from a keyboard score? This could be the big
finale to your concert!  Hey, Tuba Man! What do you say?

Also, if anyone can find me a copy of "The Fast Mail," I'll be happy to
transcribe that one too.

Best,
Jonathan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511