Re: [BRHSlist] Broadway Limited CB&Q E7A initial thoughts (& spare!!)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Broadway Limited CB&Q E7A initial thoughts (& spare!!)
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 08:23:51 -0800
Bcc:
I saw and heard a demo last month at my hobby shop in San Jose - the E7 was
painted in Southern Pacific colors. I too have several Proto2000 E7's and
8's. The detail on the E7 looked extremely good, as good as the Proto2000.
It's the sound that got to me. I run annalog and it sure will be nice to
have at least one of my engines with sound.

Now what would be even better is if the sound systems (steam too) would be
sold separately and could be added to existing engines for use on annalog
layouts. That's what I would like to see.

Ray Bedard
San jose CA

>From: atsf3460@aol.com
>To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Broadway Limited CB&Q E7A initial thoughts (&
>spare!!)
>Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 09:49:00 EST
>
>Jan,
>
>You've compared the Broadway E7s to a Proto 2000 E8 so I'm to think that
>you
>don't own any Proto E7s?  Now here's the question, would you have bought
>the
>Broadway E7s if you already owned the Proto 2000 E7s.  Or is the sound of
>the
>Broadways enough to clinch the purchase?
>
>I wasn't able to justify spending the money for the Broadways (already
>owning
>I think every pair of black striped E-unit Proto released - and some of
>those
>at $40 apiece!).  Are other people buying them?
>
>Mike Martin / Peoria Heigths, IL

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511