[BRHSlist] re: S. Patio/Garden op's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] re: S. Patio/Garden op's
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:24:03 -0000
During the Christmas holidays of 1967 I rode the Black Hawk for the
1st & only time (as otherwise always used Twins, EPB or NCL) from E.
Dbq to Chicago.  As was my practice, after boarding I'd walk length of
train to see what there was to see & ended up riding in either S.
Patio or Garden (cannot recall which).  However my "find" under the
dome, a configuration I had never experienced before, was what kept me
in that dome to CUS.  When I got home I checked my copy of Rudisel's
book* to see what it was I had ridden!  As for short or long end 1st,
I don't recall riding backward but then again I was more focused on a
night trip which was rare for me then I was anything else plus most of
my trips were N to LaCrosse or beyond, not to Chicago.
PS - I agree with Ed, better to work on some other model projects and
wait & see what else Walthers does as they seem to put out new models
more often than a Cub fan's hopes are dashed.    Gerald

*as an aside, I'd have to say its the rarest of all CB&Q books
published in the past 100 yrs as I never see copies for sale @ RR
shows, eBay, RR mag classifieds, etc; any chance of a reprint Chuck
for all the Q/GN/NP/SP&S fans who did not luck out & get a copy when
they were available?

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!