[BRHSlist] Re: Silver Garden and Silver Patio

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Garden and Silver Patio
From: "baton580" <rplaehn@cox-internet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:02:36 -0000
  I do believe the cars were set up to run long end first when new.
The times I rode the cars, they were long end first and there is a
picture on the  Web Lurkers DOME.main site that shows one of the cars
running long end first leaving Chicago on the DZ. BUT, in contrast,
the Burlington often ran the TCZ round end dome/parlor/obs cars
backwards on one leg of the Twin Cities round trip during the 60's.
The one time I rode Silver View (or was it Vista) like that, the dome
seats were backwards. Of course it didn't make any difference with the
parlor seats downstairs.  Soooo--- the moral is, I guess one shouldn't
ever say 'never' or 'always'.  Someone or something will prove you
wrong <grin>.

Bob P

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "GLEN HAUG" <glenehaug@m...> wrote:
>  Were they always operated long end forward?  I seem to recall them
on the Denver Zephyr in the late 60's, running short hood forward, but
maybe not.  I was considering turning the seats around, until I saw
this post.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511