Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Skirts for Walthers Budd cars?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Skirts for Walthers Budd cars?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:27:53 -0600
Ed-
Following the Rule that commercial models always come out AFTER somebody
finishes a kitbashed or scratchbuilt model, I am sure that the Silver Garden
or Silver Patio will be appreciated when they come out in plastic!!!!!
Charlie

As for making the skirts, something I've thought about but not done is to
make a RTV mold on the carbody long enough to cover the truck skirt gap
(after having cleaned up the corrugations around the truck opening to
eliminate any edging) and then reposition the mold over the opening...cast
the skirt against the molded on skirting.... should result in a seamless
perfect continuation of the plastic corrugations.