[BRHSlist] Re: o/p Burl Bulletins & 250# cranes

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: o/p Burl Bulletins & 250# cranes
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:04:49 -0000
If reprinted, I would buy the following out-of-print BRHS BB's:
BB 5: Denver Shops
BB 6: Center Cab Diesels
BB 14: Aeolus 4-6-4
BB 17: Office Cars

I would also buy BRHS Zephyr Newsletters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,
10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, & 30.

Thanks,
Bill

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...> wrote:
> The answer to the recent question re: #'s of Q's 250 ton cranes, is
readily
> available in BB#18 which features Burlington cranes and derricks
AND Bernie
> Corbin's favorite photos - it's also out=of-print.  We have a BOD
mtg
> (teleconference) scheduled for Nov 2 & I know several Dir's have
indicated
> the desire to get some more of the o/p BB's reprinted so here's an
> unofficial, unscientific poll - which top 3 BB's would each of you
like to
> see reprinted (i.e. you WILL buy them) and/or which #'s do you hear
the most
> interest in.  I gauge a little of the interest by prices fetched on
eBay
> (also unscientific but still better than nothing).  Tks for your
input.
> (And feel free to get input from other CB&Q fans who are not in
this
> Internet group - the more info, the better!!!)
>
> PS - as a kid I asked a Car Foreman @ Galesburg why cranes of
various
> capy's; why not get all 250 ton & be ready for anything.  His
response was
> that obviously the bigger the capy, the costlier the crane & as 250
was
> needed only in extreme conditions, no use spending the extra $$$
plus when
> there were really big jobs that req'd. 2 cranes, generally only 1
needed to
> be 250 given the methods used. He noted too some smaller roads that
only had
> 1 or 2 cranes that included a 250 (C&IM or IT, memory fails me)
might give
> the impression that was the better choice but bigger roads that
could fit
> the crane to the situation opted for mostly smaller ones for the
reason
> given.
>   The last time I am aware of a pr of 250's being used by a midwest
RR, was

https://broadband.msn.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511