Re: [BRHSlist] Fluting again

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Fluting again
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
They had a "filet". By design, the fluting was made to
make the stainless steel sheets stronger (more
ridgid). Square corners cause "stress concentrations",
a very bad thing. Welcome to Mechanical Design 101!
And some of you thought that this old lawyer had
forgotten that he was an engineer first.
John
--- Charlie Vlk <cvlk@comcast.net> wrote:
> IIRC even the small fluting was "dished" very
> slightly....the corrugations
> were not, at any rate, "square" having rounded
> corners in all instances.  In
> HO and N if you can get it square I think you will
> be forgiven any features
> that are measured in 1/32nds of an inch on the
> prototyes....
> Charlie Vlk

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20.
Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM