[BRHSlist] NWI Chapter, NRHS meeting

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] NWI Chapter, NRHS meeting
From: "wales23us" <wales23@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 02:56:56 -0000
Group,
  Just passing along an open invitation to join the North Western
Illinois Chapter of the NRHS here in Rockford, IL for our September
meeting coming up on Saturday, the 27th.

  George Strombeck will be showing his vintage Kodachromes of
passenger trains from the predecessor railroads that made up the BN.
There will be some GN and NP passenger trips, but George lived in the
Quad Cities or Chicago during that time and he says that we'll get to
see early CB&Q steam excursions from Davenport to Dubuque as well as
down to Beardstown, IL.  Views of the California Zephyr and a mixed
train ride onboard the caboose from Des Moines to Albia, IA will also
be featured.

  George has put on shows for our chapter previously and his material
is very good.  You might want to make plans to attend the meeting and
get a chance to view George's material.

  The meeting will be on Saturday night, September 27, 2003.  We meet
at St. Marks Lutheran Church at 675 N. Mulford Road on Rockford's
east
side.  The doors will be open before 7 PM.  A short business meeting
will begin around 7:30, with George's show beginning shortly after 8
PM.  We are usually done by 10 PM.  There is no admission charge to
attend for non-members.  All visitors are warmly welcomed to come and
enjoy a night of vintage CB&Q original slides with the NWI Chapter.

  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on or off list.

Lance Wales,
NWI Chapter vice presid

Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV
Easily record your favorite shows!