[BRHSlist] CB&Q RELATED BOOKS FOR SALE

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] CB&Q RELATED BOOKS FOR SALE
From: "Mel Carlson" <bigman60656@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:29:23 -0000
I have 2 books for sale that contain much info and photos
pertinent to the CB&Q. Both books are soft cover and in mint
condition. I accept a check or money order.

Contact Mel Carlson  <mgcarlson@earthlink.net>

STREAMLINERS TO THE TWIN CITIES, John Kelly, Iconografix,
2002, 126 p.p.  A photo archive of the Twin Cities Zephyrs, 400,
and Hiawathas that operated between Chicago and the Twin
Cities. Contains excellent photos of Burlington's shovel nose
Zephyrs. Also contains a brief history of the competition of the
three railroads that during the 1940's operated the fastest trains
in the world! SUPER PHOTOS! $27.00 plus $1.50 S&H

CHICAGO UNION STATION,Edward D. Rouin, Pixels Publishing
Co., 2003, 96 p.p.  (A look at the history and operation of Chicago
Union Station before Amtrak. Covers all aspects of CUS
operations, mail and express, track layout, schedules, etc.  The
CB&Q operated more trains in & out of CUS than any other
railroad. Did you know that during the 1950's CB&Q operated
many 3&4 day tours to Colorado and on occasions the DENVER
ZEPHYR operated in 3 sections! A regular section, an all coach
section, and an all pullman section. This book is loaded with a
lot of anecdotal info. A must own book for the Burlington fan.
$27.95 plus $1.50 S&H

Contact Mel Carlson   <mgcarlson@earthlink.net>

Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV
Easily record your favorite shows!