Re: [BRHSlist] delay in receiving messages this site

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] delay in receiving messages this site
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:24:18 -0500
> be a factor  I make this remark as several times have seen old Q cars in a
> farmyard that I expected to be C&NW or Milw because they were nearby & Q
> wasn't - in each case was a VERY pleasant surprise when I got close for
> photo & found the initials & car # inside the walls as was typical in the
> old days.
>

> Gerald A. Edgar

Gerald,

The "old days?".  Initials and number are still on the walls at each
doorway. Helps prevent billing errors if the people can see what
they are loading.

Many modern tank cars have the car numbers running lengthwise
on the top of the tank, both sides of the dome. Same reason.

Russ

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20.
Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM