Re: [BRHSlist] delay in receiving messages this site

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] delay in receiving messages this site
From: Ayodele Rivers <ayodelerivers@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:56:23 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone own a waycars book that I may be able to borrow or ask you
question's about?

Thanks,

-Ayo

Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com> wrote:

Is it just vagaries of the Internet, problems @ Yahoo or my little part of
the world that some messages sent to this site don't get to my email address
til 2 & 3 days later?  I go to the Yahoo site, look at messages to date and
I sometimes am 2 days behind yet other times messages get to me within
minutes.  To change subjects, how about, in addition to lists of preserved Q
equipment, we start one of old frt cars that are sitting on the ground as
sheds, farmers storage, etc?  I would guess I have pics of several dozen old
Q boxcars, mostly wood, as well as a few WWII aircraft "boxes" still in
existence.  What has always surprised me is how many of these cars ended so
far from Q tracks - even in the days when the Burlington & other RR's sold
old wood box cars for $50, the cost to transport a 100 miles or more had to
be a factor  I make this remark as several times have seen old Q cars in a
farmyard that I expected to be C&NW or Milw because they were nearby & Q
wasn't - in each case was a VERY pleasant surprise when I got close for
photo & found the initials & car # inside the walls as was typical in the
old days.

Gerald A. Edgar

230 W. 5th St.
Garner, IA 50438-1404

(641) 923-2573

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20.
Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM