Re: [BRHSlist] The Loss Of Passengers, Herb Wallace, and Louis Menk

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] The Loss Of Passengers, Herb Wallace, and Louis Menk
From: "Norman Andersen" <Norm_Andersen@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:08:13 +0000
Bcc:
Ed,

    Re - "If orders are given to end a segment of the business because no
growth and only losses are predicted, they act, regardless of personal
feelings or wishes."

    You are, of course, correct. The objection to Menks' tactics in cases of
passenger train discontinuances is HOW HE DID IT. He was totally
dispassionate and obviously thought the end justified the means. There were
"nicer" ways he could have achieved the same goals. Look at the Santa Fe,
Great Northern and Northern Pacific examples. The financial gains he
effected (and which could have been achieved by other methods) were at the
loss of human and corporate dignity. The man simply had no scruples as far
as I'm concerned and I'd go out Burlington Boulevard too.

Norm Andersen

P.S. The legal VP at the time was Eldon Martin. Is he the one the finger is
pointed at in the case of the highline train-off in the middle of the night?

om: "Ed DeRouin" <Ed@pixelspublishing.com>
>To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [BRHSlist] The Loss Of Passengers, Herb Wallace, and Louis Menk
>Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:03:38 -0000