[BRHSlist] Re: 4-Window Waycar Interior Color

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: 4-Window Waycar Interior Color
From: "locopainter215" <locopainter215@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:51:24 -0000
Hi Paul,
I have 8 of the Walthers waycars disassembled now for painting. Start
by removing the roof, I used a #17 chisel Xacto blade. It takes very
little pressure to start the removal and then it just pops off. You
can do this w/o marring the plastic if you are gentle. After that you
just remove the screws and it all falls apart. The windows are held
in by the interior, NO GLUE! I am painting some of the variations
that are recorded in Mike Spoor's book. The most interesting is the
steel sheathed, I have it completed but not painted yet. Does anyone
out ther have a mix for mineral red with Scalecoat II colors?
Regards, Malcolm

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Paul Kossart <kozys@i...> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I was recently looking at one of my newly acquired Walthers HO four
window waycars in Chinese Red, and noticed the interior is white.  It
wasn't hard to miss as some of it peeks just above the bottom of the
window sill.  This is a bit visually jolting to me.  I wonder, then,
what color the interior of these should be painted to match the
prototype.  Also, does anyone know how to remove the Walthers shells
from these cars?  I haven't tried yet so was wondering if there are
any "tricks" I should know before attempting on my own.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM