[BRHSlist] New Atlas 70t Ballast Hopper

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] New Atlas 70t Ballast Hopper
From: "thommack" <mack@chmack.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:59:47 -0000
I received a call today from Atlas with some good news - The new
70t "Hart" ballast car is the same as the "Rodgers" ballast car, so
this is the Q prototype. Also, the rep from Atlas indicated that
there is a good chance that they will produce it in CB&Q in the
second run and they are even aware of the cars and number series
221000-221249 (although no timeline was given for the second run).
It will come in at least two numbers. I suggest that anyone
interested send an e-mail to Atlas customer service thanking them
for running these cars and requesting that CB&Q definitely be
included in their next run. The more interest they see from us in
advance, the more likely they are to get the new car out. I am also
going to send them an e-mail suggesting that the car numbers include
a 3 in the last and/or second to last number(e.g. 221123, 221235,
etc.) as this could make it very easy to change the number to an 8,
9, or 6, thus making it easy to clone new car numbers (as long as
the letters match close in size to a current decal set).

Tom Mack

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM