[BRHSlist] Re: Silver Treasure

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Treasure
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:35:35 +1200
Pete

This subject was covered in the Zephyr Questions and Answers (Q 98-9,
Answers in Zephyrs #38 page 18 & #39 page 26) complete with photos of the
unit and the internally located air tanks, but didn't specify the type of
generator installed.

For the curious, Silver Treasure was built in 1948, at the same time as Argo
and Olympus, for the Silver Streak Zephyr service to run with a "shovel
nose" Zephyr, as EA's didn't have steam generators. Silver Treasure
continued in SSZ service after the EA's were converted to B units in 1951
and replaced by E-7/8's, but there is no information as to what happened to
the steam generator. The 1965 Passenger Car Drawing does not show it as
fitted.

Rupert