Re: [BRHSlist] Q GP7/9s in Passenger service

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Q GP7/9s in Passenger service
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@bresnan.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:01:06 -0600
Scott,

     I forgot about the #400-411 SD-7s not having steam generators. I did
see #29 & 30 (Denver-Billings) running with SD-9's on rare occasions and
SD-9's were frequently used on Alliance-Casper passenger runs. I would have
to assume that the GP-7's originally assigned to the Casper Division also
played fill-in for the 'E's once in a while- but the GP's were re-assigned
to the 'flatlands' when the SD-7's arrived. With 4 axles and no Dynamic
Brakes the GP's weren't well suited for the Casper and Sheridan Divisions of
'Lines West'.

   John Olson
   Billings, Mt.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511