[BRHSlist] re: Digest 1762 - Glick books

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] re: Digest 1762 - Glick books
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:46:56 -0500
Bcc:
  Bill's books were publicized in the then CB&Q His. Soc. "Bulletins" when
published and advertised in Trains, etc.  Yes, he still has them & they are
exclusively CB&Q with some great vintage photos among the drwgs and data.
(and all on good heavy stock).  The neat thing was the MOW cross-number
feature so if you model 1960's and want some Q hwt's already retired you
could find out whar car # that 1920's diner had in the "60's MOW fleet.
Also Bill, whevever possible, used multiple sources for his info to insure
accuracy and the drwgs show both sides as most passenger cars varied to some
degree.  You will be amazed at the variety of Q equipment including those
mini-head end cars!  I know he has amassed a lot of material for the 3rd and
final volume but again, sales of the 1st two would help get it to market.
Bear in mind too, Q was running hwts in trains into the 60's. The email
address shown earlier is correct.  Hopefully Bill will be St. Paul to a)
save you postage and b) share his great models; after all with all that
technical data he had to put it to use!  :-)
  As for the remarks that Q fans sometimes reflect their RR's frugalness,
I've noted that too whether it be models or RRiana.  There are some Q
modelers and collectors who will pay any price (and from my
Scottish-American perspective they go overboard) but there are also many who
go to the other extreme.  That said, whatever you enjoy, fine BUT if a
decent model or book, selling at the going price for the same PRR, Milw or
D&RGW book, timetable, annual pass or 40' boxcar does not sell while the
others do, in the long run we will see less and less Q material entering the
market.

Gerald A. Edgar

230 W. 5th St.
Garner, IA 50438-1404