Re: [BRHSlist] re: Digest 1762 - Glick books

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] re: Digest 1762 - Glick books
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:19:37 -0700
Bcc:
Cc: zephyrguy@sbcglobal.net
For anyone wanting to contact Bill Glick toget more information about his
books, or recent modeling works, including his layout, you can contact him
at:  zephyrguy@sbcglobal.net.

Bill does not subscribe to the BRHSlist, tried to get him on but haven't
been successful yet.

As for his layout, it takes up a LARGE room in his upstairs Victorian house.
After much prodding, I finally got Bill to convience his wife that the room
would be kept small - what's small these days?. Bill finally asked
permission from Lorraine only AFTER we were 4 weeks into the construction -
I hope Lorraine is still talking to me! It's a great layout, with a 6 stall
roundhouse - told Bill yesterday he needed to add another 6 stall!

He has 2 separate yards, the passanger yard is large but still not big
enough for all his passenger cars. So now I'm working on Bill to take over
another upstairs room for expansion. Anyone want to face Lorraine with that
statement? His freight yard is a nice size, but again too small for all his
rolling stock.

Bill just finished scratch building a 1930's movie theater. As with
everything Bill does, it looks GREAT. I'll take photos of the layout in
progress and post them on the BRHS web page and on the BRHSlist site for
those that are interested.

Have a great day.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA