Re: [BRHSlist] New Loco

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] New Loco
From: amtrak347@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:09:04 EDT
Haven't found an engineer yet, that likes these units from a
functional/operational standpoint.  Have heard them unaffectionately referred
to as "dildoes".
 Are these the first cab units in history to be built without illuminated
number boards?  They have better non-illuminated loco numbers on the rear of
the
unit than there is on the front of them.  Maybe Metra should consider running
them backwards for better unit ID?  According to an unnamed Amtrak official,
when MPI completes this order, Metra will have nothing left but "Winnebagoes
and Dildoes", possibly meaning the Bulldog F40's will be history.  I'm still
having trouble trying to believe the engine weight engraved on the builders
plate; way in excess of the usual 70k lb. axle limit; must have installed
larger
journals and axles to support the weight.  Are they still restricted from the
UP
(C&NW) & MILW Metra lines acct. they exceed the Cooper rating of their
bridges?

RC

Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many more for less!
http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM