[BRHSlist] LaCrosse 4000 Foundation RR Show

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] LaCrosse 4000 Foundation RR Show
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:23:38 -0500
Bcc:
I was in attendance so thought I'd share how BN handled this show.  The 4000
Foundation, made up of area fans of the Q, Milw, C&NW and GB&W (all of which
met @ Grand Crossing tower which is now in Copeland Park) puts on a fine
annual show @ the park as well as a winter one @ the convention center.
#4000 (Aeolus) is displayed @ the park as well with a Milw wood caboose.
For the show, 4000 & the tower were open for tours AND a portable air
compressor was hooked up to allow everyone to try the whistle while in the
cab.   BN, in the old Q No. LaCrosse Yard just north of ex-depot/Div Hdq,
displayed an International waycar (sorry - not ex-Q but bought by BN in
early 70's) and 2 road units - one in the BN GN scheme (at least that's what
I call it) and a blue lease unit - again everyone could rummage thru all 3
pcs of rolling stock/motive power.  BN also had a stack of recent Twin City
area newsletters free to all who visited - nice pics of Army equipment being
unloaded @ Sioux Falls as part of Iraq war. (Mentioned that BN operated 3
switchers to assist the Army in this large high priority unloading deal - 60
big TT flats of everything the Army has!).  Show was  good too although did
not seem to be a real big buying crowd but then again it also seemed to be
more casual fans than hard core enthusiasts & modelers.   Gerald Edgar

(PS - 2 waycars in ex-Q yard along with 2 swtrs - one still BN green plus a
variety of motive power and a work train of mostly AT&SF equipment.  However
while driving home via Prairie du Chien to follow the Q main, came across an
ex-1960 Q flat in BN MOW service on a siding in Lynxville coupled to a NS
flat with revenue load of used industrial equipment enroute from N.C. to
Minn - assume NS car was B/O but no tag - have no idea why coupled to a MOW
flat either which was empty.  Saw 1 E-bd stack train)

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM