[BRHSlist] Early Zephyrs

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] Early Zephyrs
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:08:22 -0500
I have been reading Patrick C. Dorin's "Everywhere West The Burlington Route"
and have thought of two questions I want to present to the list.

First, in the chapter on the Zephyrs, it says that one of the original Twin
Cities Zephyrs, 9901, was assigned as the Sam Houston Zephyr.  In December
1944, the 9901 was destroyed by fire.  What happened?

The other question is, it states that the Mark Twain Zephyr, 9903, was retired
and placed on display in the town park at Mount Pleasant, IA.  Recently, it was
brought to the list's attention that the Mark Twain Zephyr is for sale by some
railway equipment company.  How did it get from the town park to the equipment
company, and why?  Or is the train for sale not the same Mark Twain Zephyr?

Just some curious questions on the dispositions of the first Zephyrs.  Any info
will be appreciated.

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL

Control Hunger EZ with fast acting oral EZ Appetite Suppressant Spray
from VitaminBoost.com. 1 Month Supply - 2oz., 80 sprays: $19.97.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aSJFwB/XWXGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM