Re: [BRHSlist] 50' stockcar

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 50' stockcar
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:45:12 -0500
The 502xx series cars that CB&Q leased in the 60's actually were
two Mather cars that had been spliced together.  By that time Mather
was no longer in business and North American Car got their inventory.
The NISX cars that were on the Q at that time were also leases from
North American, but by NYC.  The cars were pretty much identical.

The 505xx series cars were built at Havelock to a rather modern design.
In a many ways they were 50' box cars with slatted sides.

Russ