Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Good job on the Train Show - Galesburg RR days is dyi

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Good job on the Train Show - Galesburg RR days is dying ...
From: "Kenneth H Thompson" <KTHOMPSON4@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 20:28:18 -0500
In defense of the BN, I visit Galesburg a couple of times a year and have
done so since the late 60's, and never heard any of this negative feedback
until the Frisco merger in 1980.  Until that time the numbers of railroad
jobs in the city had increased and operations continued to be similar to
what the Q ran before that.  When the Frisco came along that's when you
started to hear some grumbling.  I think it's the 1980 merger that probably
caused the feedback you're talking about.

Ken Thompson