Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Good job on the Train Show - Galesburg RR days is dyi

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Good job on the Train Show - Galesburg RR days is dying ...
From: wadegriffi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:50:10 EDT
        The  people of Galesburg  have  not  gotten  over  the  merger  of
1970 .
       I  used  to  own  a  hobby  shop  with a  couple of  other  guys ,
and  we  went           to  railroad  days  back  in  1983  with  BN
tee-shirts
 and  all  kind  of  BN          model   equipment .   Thinking  was  big  BN
 town   -  might  have  big      community  following .    Result  --  what a
 disaster .   All  comments  were        negative .   The  people  hated  the
 BN  -  they  ruined  our  town .  " The  BN     treats  people  like  dirt "
 ect. , ect ,

            I  suspect  a  lot  anti  -  BNSF  comments  are  being  made
now .   The     railroad  doesn't   provide  a  lot  of  employment  for  the
town  folks  now       either .   There  are  still  probably  many  townfolks
employed  there ,  but       nowhere  near  the level  as  when  Railroad
days  started .

             These  are  just  my  observations  after  going  to  Railroad
days  6 -7        times  over  last  20  plus  years .

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM