[BRHSlist] Re:Galesburg Railroad Days

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re:Galesburg Railroad Days
From: William Barber <clipperw@EarthLink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:16:34 -0500
Keep things in prospective. The original RR days was a one time
appreciation day for BN employees only at the Galesburg RR yard. The
townspeople, many of whom then worked for the RR, convinced the RR to
make it an annual event and involve the public. That was a different RR
and a different management with different priorities. In today's merged
RR, Galesburg does not play as important role in the current RR's
operation as it once did. Today's management is more santa Fe oriented
and the Santa Fe never choose to b e significantly involved with
Galesburg RR days. I am sure that they, like some of the sponsors that
used to participate, have a difficult time determining what real value
they got from being a part of the event.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM