[BRHSlist] Re: Pre-merger Green Waycars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Pre-merger Green Waycars
From: Paul Kossart <misterkozy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:03:18 -0500
From: "locopainter215" <locopainter215@yahoo.com>

> I wanted to paint one of the new Walthers waycars in the pre-merger green.
> The BN green > looks too yellow. I have about decided on Vermont green or
> GM&O boxcar green which
> have more of a "bluish" tint. Anyone else have any input before I crank up
> the "ole air
> compressor".
>
> Regards, Malcolm Byrd

Malcolm,

I recently was looking for a mix for pre-merger green myself to use on some
SD45 motors as I "know" I've read "something" on the green being different from
what was actually settled on by the BN and called Cascade Green.  I even have
seen some photos which seem to support that, IMO.  Alas, I never did find the
elusive mix that I just "knew" exists.

What I finally settled on in my case, I found, believe it or not, in the
modeling section of the society web site at <burlingtonroute.com> .  Click on
the left on "Modelers Depot" and then on "Paint Shop - By Tom Koch" (THANK YOU,
Tom!)  You will find, among tons of other useful info, a suggested color
actually called "Pre-Merger Green".  Possibly this is the color I just KNEW I
had seen somewhere.

Sorry I can't comment on how it looks yet as the model hasn't been painted, but
after all the effort and research I have been through trying to find THE
correct color, I think I can live with it.

Also, there is information you and others might find of interest/use in this
email list's file section called:

   CBQ Paint Shop.xls
Paint and Decal Shop Master Spreadsheet

Note this is in MS Excel spreadsheet format before you attempt to open.

Hope this is of help to you, Malcolm.

Best,

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM