Uploaded Files

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Uploaded Files
From: "thommack" <mack@c...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:13:05 -0000
I have uploaded a couple of Excel spreadsheets to the files section
that may be of interest.

1. A spreadsheet outlining the timeline for diesel power in use
during the Chinese Red era (1959 on). The timeline shows when power
arrived and when it was retired. By using this visual chart it is
easy to see what power overlapped on the Q (e.g. did the VO1000
switchers ever operate during the time the 600 series GP40's
operated?). As a color aid, the timeline is also color coded to show
what color the power was DELIVERED in - Black for Blackbird (even
though many were repainted Red), Red for Chinese Red, grey for
greybacks (F's). It may have a few holes with the F-units, but it is
pretty complete. Where possible, retirement dates and reasons are
noted (if retired pre-BN).

2. A spreadsheet outlining some of the usual and more unusual pool
power found running on the Q, when it was seen, where, and the
photographic backup if available (for example, Q fans can run Alco
RS27's in pool service in either UP or PRR, Alco C630's in UP, GE
U25B's in NYC or PC, and the list goes on...). I have been updating
this list and will continue to do so. WHere there is multiple
photographic eveidence (e.g. UP GP30's, GP20's, etc), I have only
listed one or two examples to make the point. I will add new entries
as I find new RR/Locomotive combinations, or find interesting pooled
power at new locations.

Hope these are helpful.

Tom Mack