Encyclopedia version of FRA

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Encyclopedia version of FRA
From: "Jan Kohl" <jkohl@n...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 23:23:05 -0400
That reminds me...can someone explain to me (and others that may be wondering)
the purpose of this Federal mandate for steam locomotives?

I find it very strange that years after they were really in service we suddenly
have stringent regulations that force many steam locomotives off the rails. Was
it the result of some accident I didn't hear about? Is it really necessary? Who
instituted this measure? Will this really kill of vintage steam in the US? What
is the actual requirement...and how much does it cost?

Thanks ahead of time... :)

Cheers!

Jan