Re: Painting CB&Q Waycars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Painting CB&Q Waycars
From: "mmn215" <mmn215@y...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 02:15:00 -0000
Thanks, I have been using a 75-25% dullcote/glosscote. I will try
the glosscote then the mix. I thought it might have been the lacquer
base. Thanks for all the help, Malcolm
PS I am sending in my application to join the BRHS, it looks as
though it would be very helpful. According to the BRHS website, I
would be the only member from Mississippi.

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Ed Pavlovic <cbq168a@i...> wrote:
> There is really no cure for this. It is the pigment in the
> Dullcote that makes it flat, and as a result when you dull
> silver, you end up with more of a gray appearance. This is
> not peculiar to Dullcote, it will happen with other flats
> (even acrylics) as well. While I realize that you would
> like a flat finish, add a little Glosscote and pick the
> shine up towards a satin finish, it will retain more of the
> silver "look".
>
> Ed Pavlovic
>

> mmn215 wrote:
> >
> > Hello, I have been painting for other roads for years (no silver
> > until now). Now that I am painting CB&Q waycars I have a little
> > problem. I hope some of you have experienced this and have a cure.
> > When I try to clearcoat with Dullcote, the silver, Floquil,
Testors