Re: [BRHSlist] Sugar beets

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sugar beets
From: Val Nelson <super-chief-val@c...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:45:32 -0500
Of the loads that Walthers carries, the Chooch loads look the best to me.

I tend to try to be innovative when I do stuff like this. Sometimes my ideas
work and a lot of the time they don't. lol But that's all part of the fun, so
it's all good.

I grew up in the southern Nebraska Panhandle almost near the North Platte river
valley (Scottsbluff area) and the sugar beat loads were always a pale white and
lavendar-ish
color when they were harvested. But in the stock piles, the beats turn brown
and look a lot like giant sweet potatoe skins. From the ground, the beats in
hopper cars look
almost like giant spit-balls. Maybe (I'm brainstorming here) you could do
something with crepe/tissue paper or Kleenex or toilet paper, if you have the
time to experiment.
lol Also, very-course saw dust could work, especially wood chips from balsa
wood or some other white wood. You never know until you try something. -Val