Greybacks & Blackbird colors

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Greybacks & Blackbird colors
From: "rhergy_1" <rhergy_1@y...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 02:45:47 -0000
I've been modeling UP for over 40 years and need a little help with
these colors. Since I was born and raised in Lincoln, NE, seeing
those beautiful new Walthers Budd cars has caused some flashbacks to
the "Q".

Which colors of Modelflex or Polyscale best represents the grey used
on the F units? I suspect that this color is kind of like UP Armour
Yellow and every manufacturer has their own highly subjective
rendition. I have the Genisis F-3 AB units and the grey
looks "right", but before I go buy every shade of grey made, to get
a reasonable match, thought I'd get your input

Likewise which color best represents the the grey used on the
Blackbird scheme?

I've specified water based paints as I'm highly sensitive to
laquers and enamels.

Thanks, Dick