Re: [BRHSlist] Black Hills interurban

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Black Hills interurban
From: <metcalf@a...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:23:40 -0700
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
To: "BRHS group" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 6:12 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Black Hills interurban

> I have been reading about Electric Interurbans of America and understand
that the Q had some such interesting operations in the Black Hills. They
reportedly had some dual gauge trackage there which hosted a narrow gauge
interurban. This is new territory for me, literally and figuratively, so if
this is incorrect let's hear about it from you guys who know better.

> However, if this is correct could we have some input concerning some of
its particulars, e.g., what the equipment was like, schedules, how long did
it last, did the interurban motors sometimes haul freight cars, etc.

> I should also like to hear from those who know about traction models, both
standard gauge and narrow gauge. What is available in the way of kits, power
trucks, couplers that will prototypically swing in a wide arc, power poles,
etc. ? Is there any particular place on the Internet that specializes in
the interurban aspect of model railroading?