Black Hills interurban

To: "BRHS group" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Black Hills interurban
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:12:55 -0600
I have been reading about Electric Interurbans of America and understand that
the Q had some such interesting operations in the Black Hills. They reportedly
had some dual gauge trackage there which hosted a narrow gauge interurban. This
is new territory for me, literally and figuratively, so if thisis incorrect
let's hear about it from you guys who know better.

However, if this is correct could we have some input concerning some of
itsparticulars, e.g., what the equipment was like, schedules, how long did
itlast, did the interurban motors sometimes haul freight cars, etc.

I should also like to hear from those who know about traction models, both
standard gauge and narrow gauge. What is available in the way of kits, power
trucks, couplers that will prototypically swing in a wide arc, power poles,
etc. ? Is there any particular place on the Internet that specializes in the
interurban aspect of model railroading?