Question for the (mature) railroaders... :)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Question for the (mature) railroaders... :)
From: jkohl <jkohl@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:53:04 -0800 (PST)
I didn't want to say "old", I hope you appreciate that... :)

>From a lot of the stuff I've read over the past several months, and now with
that great song that was posted, it *seems* to me there was some animosity
between the engineers and others...even including their own firemen. Since
I'm most certainly NOT a railroader, I'm trying to inquire into the way
things were...

...so WAS there animosity, or was it just plain old good natured "fun" at
work? If there was some animosity, why? Jealousy of the different jobs?
And I understand that you can have real asses in any job, it just seemed
that there was a lot more when it came to the men who worked different
jobs...or I'm just reading it wrong.

Cheers!

Jan